Fashion industry work : Flappers 1920s fashion.
Fashion Industry Work
- A conspiratorial organization that is hell bent on forcing women of size to wear frumpy clothing, and to promote anorexia by utilizing uber-skinny models.
- Fashion, a general term for the style and custom prevalent at a given time, in its most common usage refers to costume or clothing style.
- A place or premises for industrial activity, typically manufacturing
- activity directed toward making or doing something; "she checked several points needing further work"
- exert oneself by doing mental or physical work for a purpose or out of necessity; "I will work hard to improve my grades"; "she worked hard for better living conditions for the poor"
- Such activity as a means of earning income; employment
- Activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result
- a product produced or accomplished through the effort or activity or agency of a person or thing; "it is not regarded as one of his more memorable works"; "the symphony was hailed as an ingenious work"; "he was indebted to the pioneering work of John Dewey"; "the work of an active imagination";
Embroidering Lives: Women's Work and Skill in the Lucknow Embroidery Industry (SUNY Series in the Anthropolgy of Work) (Suny Series in the Anthropology of Work)
Fusing aesthetic and economic analyses, Embroidering Lives investigates the lives and work of women in the chikan embroidery industry of Lucknow, India. Richly descriptive and accessibly written, the book explores many important issues in women's studies, anthropology, and urban development today-the impact of purdah (seclusion of women) upon women's work and occupational opportunities, the key role of sub-contractors in home-based industry, the need to understand a handicraft from its makers' point of view, and the role of development agencies and programs.
Fashion District Services
I am not sure how long the Canadian Steam Iron and Sewing Machine company has been in operation, but judging from their sign and the equipment in the window it has likely existed for some time.
As the Fashion District in Toronto has become a trendy destination, more and more of the older clothing industry work has moved out of the area in favour of media, new media, and professional services. It is good to see that some of the original businesses continue to add their flavor to the District.
Cardiff School of Creative + Cultural Industry Work
Images taken for Cardiff School of Creative + Cultural Industry students.
Garments were made by their lovely selves. Menswear, all created with different inspirations and ideas.
*IF YOU WOULD LIKE ANY OF THESE IMAGES FOR YOUR PORTFOLIO PLEASE CONTACT ME ON AJIMAGERY@LIVE.COM*
PLEASE NOTE NOT ALL IMAGES WILL BE ON HERE, TOM WILL RECEIVE ALL THE IMAGES BY THE 16.02.11 !
women fashion online
fashion bug website
fashion show name
shalom harlow fashion spot
1961 fashion pictures
jobs in fashion styling
men fashion designer
high fashion plus size